Sunday 28 May 2017

Laura writes



On 17th-23th May me and many other Kanepi Gymnasiums students had an amazing opportunity to take part of the students exchange with Italian school in Saluzzo. We stayed in host families and it really felt like my own home with my own people.

My host family was very sweet and friendly. I stayed in the family of Elisabetta. They took me to Torino and showed me as much as they could. I am very thankful to them and how they treated me. I started missing them the moment we drove away.

I was the most scared of the weather. I thought it was going to be bad or it would be raining a lot but it didn’t go like that at all. The trip was delightful and we got to enjoy the sun, mountains and even the Mediterranian sea. The sea was my favourite part of the trip even though now I am sunburnt all over my body. Good times.

As me and Merit also took part in the Italian exchange two years ago we already had our friends from earlier who we wanted to see very bad. I have kept in touch with my last host Gabriele for a long time, so we planned to meet with him and Alessandro (host of Merit).
We met in a restaurant where we had eaten also during the last visit to Italy. When they arrived we got extremely surprised as there walked in the boys and also Ionela and Gabriella who we got to know from the last time, too. We talked about our lives now and what we have been up to. It is crazy to think that they are already 20 years old and studying in universities.
Gabriella was the host of Heloona who is Kadris sister. She didn’t know it so she asked who is the cool girl with blue hair. After telling her that the girl is Heloonas sister she went absolutely crazy and basically started jumping around. Then Kadri walked by but we couldn’t scream her name because we were in a restaurant and it would have been rude.
I have been waiting for so long to see them again and finally it happened. Alessandro promised us to come to the next years Weekend Baltic festival and Gabriele  to visit me in Estonia.
It was definitely my favourite students exchange because I got to know so many new people and couldn’t forget the old friends. I hope my red skin will soon turn brown and the Italian people will remember us with only good words!

No comments:

Post a Comment